Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bragging Rights


I've received some great new book honors in the past few weeks:

HOME AND OTHER BIG, FAT LIES is a 2007 Green Earth Book Award Honor Book in the Young Adult Fiction category. The Green Earth Book Award honors books that celebrate nature and "promote an inspired understanding of the environment and an awareness of environmental issues." Chosen books encourage the concept of environmental stewardship and the importance of the role each of us can play in nurturing, protecting, and defending our environment. To learn more about the award, you can go to www.newtonmarascofoundation.org/programs/a_ge.cfm.
Winners will be announced in April at Salisbury University in Salisbury, Maryland, during their Children’s Literature Festival.

WHAT I CALL LIFE has been nominated for the 2007-2008 Pennsylvania Young Reader’s Choice Award in the Grades 6-8 category. Students across my home state will now read the 15 nominees and vote for their favorite. Winners will be announced in the spring of 2008. Additionally, all books will be displayed at the Pennsylvania School Librarians Conference this spring. www.psla.org/association/committee/mediaselectionandreview/pyrcamenu.php3.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that your books are being recognized. I am a Youth Services Librarian in Artesia, NM and read all the time. As I commute, I listened to What I Call Life in Full Cast Audio. It was wonderful. Brought me to tears, and laughter as well. I looked forward to the story installments as much as the girls themselves. Deals with an area that many authors ignore. Good job! Geri Dosalua